Baseball/Softball Winter Workouts
Baseball Winter Workouts
Join Scott Honican and the Garfield Diamond Sports Boosters at the Winter Workout sessions for potential Garfield Bulldogs baseball players.
Practices are held on Saturday/Sunday starting January 5th and run through February 24th.
Saturdays*: 2:00 - 3:30 PM @ Go Time Athletics/Batting Cages in Georgetown.
- January 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
- February 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
Sundays*: 2:00 - 3:390 PM @ Garfield HS
- January 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
- February 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd
- March 1st
Players should bring:
- Baseball Gear
- Cup (and wear it!)
- Appropriate clothing for weather
- No cleats allowed at Go Time Athletics indoor facility
- No spikes allowed at Garfield home field
(*) Seahawks playoff days may have a different start time.
Baseball Fall Workouts
Pay fee for Fall Baseball
Scott Honican returns to coach Garfield's fall ball team, the Sluggers!
The team is a combo of 9th-12th graders, playing on Saturdays in the Seattle Elite Fall Ball League and a schedule of nonleague games against 16U/18U teams on Sundays throughout the fall.
Cost per player is $200*.
Pay by debit/credit card on booster club website or bring a check payable to "Garfield Diamond Sports Booster Club" to Coach Honican at one of the August practices. Please include player name on subject line of checks.
If money is an issue for your family right now, please contact one of the following people about scholarships. We don't want finances to be an obstacle to participation in baseball at Garfield.
- Booster Club President: Fritz Tonn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Booster Club Vice President: Josh Herst (email@example.com)
* Some of the fee will be refunded if we don't move to Phase 3.
- Pay by Friday, August 21st to have a jersey with players customized with their last name on the back.
- Practices start August 17th (Initially 4-6 PM, but will change later in season)
- Games are on Saturdays/Sundays starting after Labor Day.
- Season ends in late October.
Any questions about fall ball should be directed to Sluggers coach Scott Honican at firstname.lastname@example.org.